CrossFit Basinview – Deka Comp Open
Warm-up (No Measure)
3 rounds @increasing intensity on each round
2 minutes Row or Bike
25’ Bear Crawl (There is no movement at all at the spine)
5/5 Dead bug (Hold every rep for 3 seconds)
B1. Soft tissue mobilisation
With a barbell, a foam roller or a LaCrosse ball
B2. PNF Pigeon stretch
– 5 sec Contraction, pushing against the ground with your leg
– 5 sec stretch, moving your upper body toward your knee
Here is a great video of Aaron Horschig showing some exercises for your lower body mobility, including the Pigeon stretch
5/leg Face up Chinese plank + knee drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSk8-Xkghg
50’/side Bottom up KB press
5 Tempo Goblet Squat 3-1-X-0
5 Jumping Squat
A: Front Squat (4RM for the day)
Today is a high intensity day. You will therefore be asked to lift heavier and to give higher intensity into the metcons.
B: Metcon (2 Rounds for reps)
20/15 Cals Assault bike @HARD
Round 1 @115/75lbs
Round 2 @95/65lbs
Goal: Improve your performance in 10-12 minutes length workouts
This is the 3rd week of our progression. We splitted the 12 minutes here so you can keep a high intensity. We continue our interval progression by adding 1 minute to the amrap. If you do these workouts with the proper intensity, I promise you results in the Opens.
Points of performance:
– Intensity must be high for the entire effort period.
– Aim for unbroken Thruster.
– Relax your shoulders and breathe on the Double unders.
Sanctional level athletes target: 8 Rounds +
Competitive Open athletes target: 7 Rounds +
C: Metcon (3 Rounds for time)
Burpee Box Jump over 24″/20″
3 x 20 reps for time
Rest as needed between sets, maximum 5 minutes.
Sub 1 minute ? Let’s see what you can do here!
Points of performance:
– No pacing, just send it all!
– Make sure your heart rate comes back to normal before the 2nd and 3rd attempt.
– We do not want you to necessarily do the same time for all 3 sets, but if you have a good power endurance, you should be able to stay within a window of 5-10 seconds
D: Metcon (No Measure)
12 Banded knee external rotation
12/12 Single leg Hip Thrust
Goal: Improve the starting position of your Clean
The purpose of this drill is to improve your ability to keep the glutes engaged in order to make your pull more efficient.
The ability to keep the glute engaged while your pull = more force transferability between lower and upper body.