CrossFit Basinview – Deka Comp Open
1. Mobility work
1.1. Upper body (Thoracic work)
a. T-Spine sweep
We use this drill to improve T-spine rotation
3 x 1 long and slow breath
b. Foam roller prayer stretch
We use this drill to improve T-spine extension
3 x 3 long and slow breathes
Inhale for 4 seconds
Hold for 4 seconds
Exhale for 4-8 seconds
1.2. Lower body (Hips)
PNF Pigeon stretch
– 5 seconds contraction pushing against the floor with the lower part of your leg
– 5 seconds stretch moving your upper body towards the floor
2. Low intensity cardiovascular work
500m Row @RPE 7/10
60sec Elbow Plank
3. Breathing work
3 mins Breathing on the floor
1. Place one hand beside your navel and the other other just above the navel.
2. Make sure every muscle of your body is relaxed.
3. Close your mouth using only nose breathing.
4. Inhale slowly. While the air goes into your belly, make sure you feel it inflate like a balloon and make sure you feel your rib cage expand with your hand to the side.
We ask you to do this little drill because it can increase your performances a lot, breathing is often left behind. Did you know that breathing is less effective if the exchange of air occurs only in the upper respiratory tract ?