CrossFit Basinview – Deka Comp Open
1. Mobility work
1.1. Upper body (T-Spine rotation)
A. Massage with LaCross ball
Mid and low trap with a peanut (2 LaCross balls glued to each other)
B. Half kneeling active T-spine rotation on wall
1.2. Lower body
A. A. Massage with Foam roller
B. PNF quad stretch
– 5 seconds contraction pushing against the band with your foot
– 5 seconds stretch pulling your foot toward you with the band
2. Low intensity cardiovascular work
Choose 2 machines
For the entire workout, stay in the comfort zone and focus on using the proper breathing pattern (Nose only)
2 minutes machine 1
2 minutes machine 2
This should not beat you up. Your goal here is to improve the way you breathe.
3. Breathing work
3 mins Breathing on the floor
1. Place one hand beside your navel and the other other just above the navel.
2. Make sure every muscle of your body is relaxed.
3. Close your mouth using only nose breathing.
4. Inhale slowly. While the air goes into your belly, make sure you feel it inflate like a balloon and make sure you feel your rib cage expand with your hand to the side.
We ask you to do this little drill because it can increase your performances a lot, breathing is often left behind. Did you know that breathing is less effective if the exchange of air occurs only in the upper respiratory tract ?
There are many benefits of practicing and using a better breathing pattern.
– Increased metabolic efficiency
– Increased core stability
– Increased mobility effectiveness
– Enhanced recovery