CrossFit Basinview – Deka Comp Open
Warm-up (No Measure)
3 rounds @increasing intensity on each round
2 minutes Row or Bike
25’ Bear Crawl (There is no movement at all at the spine)
5/5 Dead bug (Hold every rep for 3 seconds)
B1. Soft tissue mobilisation
With a barbell, a foam roller or a LaCrosse ball
B2. PNF internal rotation stretch
5 seconds contraction pushing against the rig with your hand
5 seconds relaxing
3 KB Single leg RDL
3 KB Hang Snatch
3/leg KB OH Lunges
3 Tuck Jumps
A: Metcon (Weight)
5 Sets @50-60% of 1RM
1 Snatch High Pull
1 Power Snatch
1 Drop Snatch
1 Squat Snatch
Goal: Improve bar path and positions in your Snatch.
We are now in the last days before the competition. It is therefore important that you listen to your body in these next 3 days to be ready to push hard this weekend. That being said, if you regularly do the full programming you can do every section without any problem. If you usually do only a couple of sections then you should NOT do the full days here to make sure your body recovers and is ready to push this weekend. I know this is not fun because you feel that you could do more, but you will be happy this weekend to be able to push harder.
In conclusion, the important thing to understand here is to do slightly less than a normal week.
B: Metcon (2 Rounds for time)
2 Rope Climbs
4 Snatch @185/125lbs
4 Clean @225/155lbs
Goal: Improve your performance in short and heavy workouts
Points of performance:
– The weight on the barbell is heavy here but lighter than in the past couple of weeks. You should feel comfortable and confident every time you grab the barbell.
– Move with high intensity but do not sprint the workouts. It’s okay to push today, just don’t finish on the floor for 30 minutes after the workout.
– Squat cleans or power cleans are allowed.
C: Front Squat (Work up to a heavy 3reps concentric Front Squat)
Goal: Stimulate your CNS with different variations of the squat every week in order to increase your max strength.
Points of performance:
– Barbell starts on a low box in a dead start.
– Only perform the going up portion of the squat.
– Make sure your shoulders and your hips move at the same rate.
D: Metcon (No Measure)
10-20 seconds Isometric rope Pull-ups
5/5 Knee to elbow on Swiss ball
Rest 30 seconds