For many people, when it comes to fitness goals, the number one focus is to get rid of body fat. For some people, losing fat doesn’t take long but for some, the process seems to take forever. They are training, they are eating “healthy” but things are just not happening the way they want them to, right?
Let’s take a look at 5 common reasons why people do not lose fat:
- Too many calories: Simply put you are eating too much and not moving enough. Taking in too much food that is not getting burnt up can end up turning to fat.
- Stress: When we are under a lot of stress, your body is releasing a stress hormone called cortisol which causes the liver to release sugar and in turn the pancreas to release insulin.
- Not enough movement: People sit for long periods at the desk in the office, and generally not getting out and moving enough. You need to be active a minimum of 3-4 times a week. If you work in an office you need to ensure that you are not sitting for long periods of time, get up every hour and walk up some stairs or even do 5 squats.
- Poor sleep: When we sleep our bodies repair and grow. If you are limiting your sleep then you are limiting these processes which are essential for the body to function well.
- Too few calories: Now the opposite is happening, you are starving yourself and the body can not function properly to carry out the things it needs to burn the fat off.
So get these 5 things in order, get that fat off and start focusing on performance-orientated goals (aka CrossFit) as I can tell you they are far more fun, far more rewarding and make far bigger differences to your body and overall health.