CrossFit Basinview – Deka Comp Open
1. Mobility work
1.1. Upper body (T-Spine)
A. Massage with LaCross ball
Front, side and back of the shoulder
B. The open book
Hold every rep for 1 long breath
1.2. Lower body
B. World greatest stretch
C. Single leg frog stretch
Hold every for for 1 long breath
2. Low intensity cardiovascular work
Go outside for a long walk (45mins+), breathing fresh air only from the nose.
3. Breathing work
3 mins Breathing on the floor
1. Place one hand beside your navel and the other other just above the navel.
2. Make sure every muscle of your body is relaxed.
3. Close your mouth using only nose breathing.
4. Inhale slowly. While the air goes into your belly, make sure you feel it inflate like a balloon and make sure you feel your rib cage expand with your hand to the side.
We ask you to do this little drill because it can increase your performances a lot, breathing is often left behind. Did you know that breathing is less effective if the exchange of air occurs only in the upper respiratory tract ?
There are many benefits of practicing and using a better breathing pattern.
– Increased metabolic efficiency
– Increased core stability
– Increased mobility effectiveness
– Enhanced recovery